Reporting to our client’s Business Development Director, A&E North America, the Business Development Manager, A&E, North America will be a dynamic individual who is knowledgeable and passionate about security solutions and is highly customer-focused and efficient.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute and complete all MBO’s assigned.
- Attend team conference calls and meetings as prescribed.
- Supervise and manage business unit resource – demo equipment, marketing budgets, travel budgets, or any other resources the company allocates.
- Create and execute assigned sector business plan, update and modify quarterly to reflect market changes/innovations and/or technology acquisitions.
- Create and execute marketing plans targeting the assigned sector including marketing campaigns, trade show events, sales tools and web resources, social media and customer interactions as approved.
- Work with and educate North American Sales Team members on how to engage assigned marketplace effectively and with maximum results.
- Develop and maintain relationships within the consultant community specific to the assigned sector.
- Work with North American Sales Team on identifying key assigned sector partners/end-users; equipping team with resources to quickly and effectively engage contacts in a manner that will result in our client differentiation in assigned marketplace, market leadership, and subject matter expertise that will help close deals.
- Help in identifying trade associations, partnering opportunity, new business plans & objectives, and other creative market approaches to maximize impact of North American Sales Team efforts within assigned marketplace.
- Develop relationships within the assigned sector that are relevant to security and surveillance and have the possibility of generating opportunity for our client.
- Work to develop specification related tools for the North American market.
- Identify “product gaps” that need to be addressed by Product Management in order to gain greater exposure/standardization assigned sector. Prepare regular reports and provide to your reporting line and Product Management on gaps and fiscal impact of gaps to our client.
- Interface and work with 3rd party technology providers in the assigned sector to develop relationships for technology integrations.
- Schedule regular engagements with assigned centric consultant community to maintain relationships and assigned opportunities relative to latest and greatest within our client portfolio (Lunch and Learns, webinars, on-site meetings/demos).
- Attend tradeshows and professionally participate in booth duty within the our client booth at various marketing events as determined necessary.
- Develop annual budgets for the assigned vertical to include, trade show events, resources and marketing materials.
- Conduct sales calls, schedule “local” promotional work and track sales activities with all channels, end user and contractors using our client’s Salesforce.com lead and project tracking software database. Update regularly.
- Develop standardized assigned sector presentations and sales tools for use by North American Sales Team outlining our client value proposition within vertical.
- Compile data on competitive products and pricing and report it back to head office, maintain working knowledge of competitive offerings.
- Create a positive work environment and utilize team building skills with other team members and direct reports.
- Continuously provide feedback to Product Management around regulatory and/or IT requirements that impact our products ability within the assigned vertical (UL, Safety Act Certification, VMware Certification, etc.)
- Work with Applications Engineering on standard proposal, engineering and qualification response for assigned sector and sub-verticals.
- Provide monthly progress report(s) with following data:
- Monthly Bookings & QTD – YTD Bookings
- If we over-achieved, provide a short explanation of what drove us over the top. If we underachieved, please explain the factors.
- The Business Development Manager, A&E, North America, shall have the responsibility to cover in the assigned territory / Architect, Engineering, and Consultant Firms
- Frequent travel will be required during the execution of the duties of the Business Development Manager, A&E, North America.
- Our client may allocate such additional or other duties of work as informed to the Business Development Director, A&E, North America from time to time as necessary to meet the needs of the business of our client.
|Job Category||A&E, Access Control, Video Surveillance|