Our client is now looking for Pre Sales Engineer, who will focus on the support of the sales productivity and deal flow, by securing the “technical close” in complex solutions. The Pre Sales engineer collaborates with sales, service, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers.
- Prepares deals assigned to the sales support team, prioritizing maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, or as instructed by the channel sales manager.
- Proactively scopes the technical solutions needed to address customer requirements, assesses customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the firm.
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer firm. Adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, and service resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
- Secures, from customer technical staff, commitments needed to ensure a deal’s “technical close.”
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines, market areas, channels, or teams supported.
- Provides coaching and professional development to team-member sales associates in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities within customer firms.
- Monitors customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, and alerts the sales and account teams to potential risks of deal closure.
- Experienced as a Pre Sales engineer preferably in the intruder industry.
- Ability to effectively utilize resources to solve issues and create solutions for customer and partner needs and problems.
- Ability to project a strong leadership image and foster a cooperative working relationship with management and colleagues.
- Skilled in customer relations, strong business planning and implementation skills.
- Ability to maintain a positive company image and brand.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Well-organized and able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to conduct well-organized training sessions and convey technical information clearly at all levels.
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle peak volumes of work.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- We need one Pre Sales engineer who is located in Johannesburg specifically.
|Job Category||Intruder Alarms|